At Suki, sustainability is a priority. We pride ourselves on being a loyal, long-term member of Sustainable Salons Australia, and it is through our constant adherence to sustainable practices, operations, actions, and the belief in sustainable practices, that our salon is able to not only make a positive change but help the local industry and environment. Our sustainable practices include:
- The collection of non-reusable hair is used to create hair brooms or are transported to Australian ports and used to soak up oil spills.
- The collection of ponytail donations to make wigs for children who suffer from cancer and alopecia.
- The collecting, disposing, and recycling of chemicals, colour tubes, paper, plastic, and tools.
- The implementation of a sustainable waste management system and the recycling of metals and used colouring foils, with proceeds paid to OzHarvest, which provides one meal per four recycled heads of foils.
- The providing of certified-organic, delectable teas for our clients.
- The promotion of reuse through the permittance of clients to take home their biodegradable towel to use in their garden or home.
- The installation of sustainable, eco-friendly, energy-efficient fixtures and energy outputs within the salon.
- The wearing of nitrile and biodegradable gloves and the use of eco-friendly eyewear protection.
- The providing of toilet paper, which was sourced and created from recycled paper.